Vermont -- Age of Consent
[Cool Teen Sites]
Chapter 59. Lewdness and Prostitution
§ 2602. LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS CONDUCT WITH CHILD
A person who shall wilfully and lewdly commit any lewd or lascivious act upon or with the body, or any part or member thereof, of a child under the age of sixteen years, with the intent of arousing, appealing to, or gratifying the lust, passions or sexual desires of such person or of such child, shall be imprisoned for the first offense, not less than one year nor more than five years, or fined not more than $3,000.00, or both; for the second offense, not less than two years and not more than ten years, or fined not more than $5,000.00, or both; and for the third or subsequent offense, not less than three years and not more than 20 years, or fined not more than $10,000.00, or both.
(4) Induce, entice, procure or compel such female to reside in a house of prostitution; or
(5) Induce, entice, procure or compel such female to live a life of prostitution.
(b) A person violating a provision hereof shall be imprisoned not more than ten years nor less than one year or fined not more than $2,000.00 nor less than $200.00, or both.
Chapter 72. Sexual Assault
§ 3251. DEFINITIONS
As used in this chapter:
(1) A "sexual act" means conduct between persons consisting of contact between the penis and the vulva, the penis and the anus, the mouth and the penis, the mouth and the vulva, or any intrusion, however slight, by any part of a person's body or any object into the genital or anal opening of another.
(2) "Sexual conduct" means any conduct or behavior relating to sexual activities of the complaining witness, including but not limited to prior experience of sexual acts, use of contraceptives, living arrangement and mode of living.
(3) "Consent" means words or actions by a person indicating a voluntary agreement to engage in a sexual act.
(4) "Serious bodily injury" means bodily injury which creates a substantial risk of death or which causes substantial loss or impairment of the function of any bodily member or organ, or substantial impairment of health, or substantial disfigurement.
(5) "Bodily injury" means physical pain, illness or any impairment of physical condition.
(6) "Actor" means a person charged with sexual assault or aggravated sexual assault.
(7) "Deadly force" means physical force which a person uses with the intent of causing, or which the person knows or should have known would create a substantial risk of causing, death or serious bodily injury.
(8) "Deadly weapon" means
(A) any firearm; or
(B) any weapon, device, instrument, material or substance, whether animate or inanimate, which in the manner it is used or is intended to be used, is known to be capable of producing death or serious bodily injury.
§ 3252. SEXUAL ASSAULT
(a) A person who engages in a sexual act with another person and
(1) Compels the other person to participate in a sexual act:
(A) Without the consent of the other person; or
(B) By threatening or coercing the other person; or
(C) By placing the other person in fear that any person will suffer imminent bodily injury; or
(2) Has impaired substantially the ability of the other person to appraise or control conduct by administering or employing drugs or intoxicants without the knowledge or against the will of the other person; or
(3) The other person is under the age of 16, except where the persons are married to each other and the sexual act is consensual; or
(4) The other person is under the age of 18 and is entrusted to the actor's care by authority of law or is the actor's child, grandchild, foster child, adopted child or stepchild;
shall be imprisoned for not more than 20 years, or fined not more than $10,000.00, or both.
(b) A person who engages in a sexual act with another person under the age of 16 and
(1) the victim is entrusted to the actor's care by authority of law or is the actor's child, grandchild, foster child, adopted child or stepchild; or
(2) the actor is at least 18 years of age, resides in the victim's household and serves in a parental role with respect to the victim;
shall be imprisoned for not more than 35 years, or fined not more than $25,000.00, or both.
Chapter 64. Sexual Exploitation of Children
§ 2821. DEFINITIONS
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Child" means any person under the age of 16 years.
(2) "Sexual conduct" means any of the following:
(A) any conduct involving contact between the penis and the vulva, the penis and the anus, the mouth and the penis or the mouth and the vulva;
(C) bestiality; or
(D) sadomasochistic abuse for sexual purposes.
(3) "Performance" means:
(A) an event which is photographed, filmed or visually recorded; or
(B) a play, dance or other visual presentation or exhibition before an audience.
(4) "Sexual performance" means any performance or any part of a performance, which includes sexual conduct by a child.
07-2000 New Source: U.S. statutory rape laws is published on the Web by the National
NOTE FROM THE EDITOR: Copyright holders: We are not trying to assert any rights to your article. We operate as a repository with a virtually unlimited storage capacity. We capture and store articles to prevent loss due to system crashes and the space limitations that most sites operate under. We will remove your article if you wish. This is a non-profit site. AgeOfConsent.com is a repository of both legal and commentary information on laws relating to sexual activity. We do not, and can not offer any legal advice or provide any legal counsel. Do not write to us requesting our advice or suggestions -- your email will be ignored. This web site and its contents are in no way affiliated, funded, or regulated by any Local, State, Federal or International government agency or governing body. Information contained on this site has been provided by readers and/or has been discovered through the research of volunteers. Other than cursory review, no efforts have been made to independently verify the current status of the legal statutes contained in these page nor whether any cases used as examples are still precedent. Do not rely on this information to make legal decisions. You should contact a legal advisor in your area for a proper determination of law on any questions you might have. Any emails and other user comments and opinions included on this site are the opinions of the creator of the message and are not necessarily those of this site, its editors, advertisers or other affiliated entities.